Thursday, May 9, 2013

Enough.

I think this blog has become what my colleagues refer to as an "open switch." In other words, a situation that needs closure.  But since my cancer is the invasive sort, there won't ever be closure. There will only be me, moving on and refusing to accept the idea of recurrence -- and this blog -- as permanent parts of my identity. Walking away.

Yes, I'm a writer. Yes, I make sense of things by writing about them. Yes, perhaps some of this blather might comfort a fellow-sufferer. And yes, the showdown could continue. But if the cancer comes back, who would want to read about dying? I wouldn't. And I certainly wouldn't want to write about it.

Instead, I'm going to shuffle on down the road and try really hard to think about more important things. Maybe things beyond my own pitiful self.

Over and out.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment